A–Please Print Your Name as it will appear on the ballot: Jerry Welch
B–Office you seek: Rockwall City Council
C–Place/Position: Place 3
D–Government Entity (School District or City): City of Rockwall
E–Community and/or Civic Service Experience(s):
- 3.5 years on Rockwall Planning & Zoning Commission (current vice chair)
- President of the Rockwall Our Hometown Vision 2040
- Graduate of Leadership Rockwall 2016
- Member of the Noon Rotary
- Board Member for Rockwall County Rainbow Room
- Past Advisory Committee for WIN (Women in Need)
- Rockwall Chamber Ambassador
- Member of Lake Point Church
F–Please state in 25 words or less how you expect to add value to the office you seek. By utilizing my past experience, leadership qualities current knowledge of the city, it’s workings and the love I have for it.
G– Elected School Board members and City Council members are representatives of the residents within the boundaries of the limits of your city and the school district. As an elected representative, what do you believe is your most fundamental duty to your prospective constituents? Listening to them as a whole and carrying out their will, based on the city’s best interest.
H–What is your voting record? A precinct chairperson of either party can access your voting record online. All Texas residents have access to your voting record by means of the Texas Public Information Act. I am proud to say that I am a hard-core Conservative and have voted in most every election since moving to Rockwall.
I–Your preferred email address: Jerry4RockwallCC3@gmail.com
Jerry Welch for Rockwall City Council, Place 3