A–Please Print Your Name as it will appear on the ballot: Dennis Lewis
B–Office you seek: Rockwall City Council
C–Place/Position: Place 3
D–Government Entity (School District or City): Rockwall
E–Community and/or Civic Service Experience(s):
- Former Mayor Pro Tem – City of Rockwall
- Former Rockwall City Councilman – 2012-2018. Termed out in 2018.
- Former City of Rockwall Planning & Zoning Commissioner
- Board of Directors – Rockwall County Emergency Services Corporation 2012-2018
- City of Rockwall Finance & Audit Committee – 2012-2018
- City of Rockwall Hotel/Motel tax Committee
- President of Meals On Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County
- Co-Teacher of a Life Group at Lakepointe Church
F–Please state in 25 words or less how you expect to add value to the office you seek. There will be tough decisions that will need to be made in the next few years and experience matters – both business experience and council experience.
G– Elected School Board members and City Council members are representatives of the residents within the boundaries of the limits of your city and the school district. As an elected representative, what do you believe is your most fundamental duty to your prospective constituents? I believe that a City Council person should work to make Rockwall better using common sense and fiscal restraint.
H–What is your voting record? A precinct chairperson of either party can access your voting record online. All Texas residents have access to your voting record by means of the Texas Public Information Act. I am a life-long Republican and vote Republican. I vote in every election.
I–Your preferred email address: email@example.com