A–Please Print Your Name as it will appear on the ballot: Amy Johannesen
B–Office you seek: Rockwall ISD Board of Trustees
C–Place/Position: Place 2
D–Government Entity (School District or City): Rockwall ISD
E–Community and/or Civic Service Experience(s):
- Served on the RISD Middle School Academic Enhancement committee from 2019 – 2020.
- Led on the executive board of RHS Jacket Choir booster club for five years and have held the offices of both President and Vice President
- Served on RHS Stingerettes Bootbackers booster club for three years.
- Volunteered as a room mom for my now high school senior and college sophomore.
- Member of Hamm Elementary PTO and look forward to serving in the years ahead.
- Active member of Rockwall Women’s League, Rockwall County Republican Women; Band of Brothers, Sisters and Friends; and an affiliate of Terry Fisher American Legion Post 117
F–Please state in 25 words or less how you expect to add value to the office you seek: With student outcomes at the forefront, I intend to utilize my operational experience to foster a spirit of performance management within the board and RISD.
G– Elected School Board members and City Council members are representatives of the residents within the boundaries of the limits of your city and the school district. As an elected representative, what do you believe is your most fundamental duty to your prospective constituents? As an elected representative, I believe my most fundamental duty is to represent the voice of those who elect me. This requires open lines of communication, an obligation to be a good steward of their tax dollars, as well as a commitment to advocate for our students and teachers.
H–What is your voting record? A precinct chairperson of either party can access your voting record online. All Texas residents have access to your voting record by means of the Texas Public Information Act. My husband and I have been actively involved in the Rockwall County Republican Party for several years. My voting record reflects my conservative values and our community.
I–Your preferred email address: Info@AmyForRISD.com